24.11.10

Calico Conversation

A CALICO CONVERSATION

A Calico cat and I chatted today.
He didn’t say nuthin’ and I didn’t say much.
Comfortable,
on a wooden bench on a porch on a farm.

My approach disturbed his solace.
“I’m not here to bother you,” I explained, looking into his eyes.
Back down he laid.
Cats know. Calico Cats know in crazy.

We just sat, my hand rubbing Calico’s head.
Until time to go came, our side-by-side was wordless.

Don’t know about him,
but the companionship was all I needed.
Supplementing remembrance.
Another cat, another time.
A few golden moments shared, in mute.

Just me
and a Calico cat,
floating on a wooden bench on the porch of a farm,
Coolly communicating our places and memories,
of a Calico colored Saturday afternoon.


Uncle Ricky / Rick Cropper
November, 2010